Head of Business Development for a flowers e-commerce
Sector : Flower Industry
Core business : The e-commerce company was launched in 2014 and is turning the flower industry on its head by disrupting the traditional supply chain, where most florists operate offline and have done for decades.
Their added value is the use of field-fresh high-quality flowers straight from the grower and deliver to their customers through a high-tech and highly creative platform.
Ambitions : The company is active in six countries : the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, UK, France and Denmark and has raised over €20M. ln from Europe’s leading VCs to fuel its growth ambitions.
You will responsible for :
- Driving the performance and growth of our direct sales efforts in France
- Scaling up our presence to at least 30 cities across France in 1 yr, building the necessary infrastructure to do so (e.g., sales team, florists, logistics)
- Build and manage a (small) team of direct reports that run full operations for direct sales efforts throughout France
- Together manage a team of over 100 sales reps and florists
- Optimize direct sales processes, e.g. optimizing recruitment, on-boarding, training and evaluation of direct sales staff; optimizing scalability of workshops, etc
- Report on weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance targets and actions, such as # of acquisitions, CAC, conversion rates
- Communicate key insights and obstacles to the rest of the Growth team and broader the company
- Work closely with other departments within the company (e.g., Brand, logistics) to offer the best experience at all our events in France
- University degree (Bachelor/Masters)
- 2-4 yr working experience
- Ideally experience with direct sales (e.g., fairs, workshops, door-2-door, pop-ups)
- Experience in startup environment, but ideally also experience in a “normal” working environment – i.e. someone who knows how to work/structure, etc (e.g. consultancy or other corporate experience)
- Super structured approach
- People manager, but likes to get hands dirty himself/herself
- Smart, highly analytical really ambitious and eager – we want to scale up super fast and we really need someone who can drive and enjoy this
- Fluent in French (spoken and written) and English
- Available to start soon, based out of Paris
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Supply Chain
- Event & Communication
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
Depending on the profile
Levallois, Paris / France
Hungry for more?
As our number one biggest recruitment mistake in 2019 (check out our article here), creating a wow candidate experience is