Director of User Experience for an identity management start-up
Sector: Identity Management
Core business: Password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet
Key facts: It has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions and has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries.
You will be the driving force behind the delivery of industry-leading design connected to strategic business goals. You will lead and grow the product design team (8 people), and help to shape the direction and strategy for the broader product organisation.
- Create and drive the company’s strategy for design – align and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure this vision helps deliver on both the customers and business goals
- Manage and grow a team of product designers
- Oversee and grow a product design organisation, inspiring and motivating a world-class team of talented people to deliver their best work
- Advocate for the customer in all decisions with the product, engineering, and marketing teams
- Be a true advocate for design thinking at the highest level of the organisation and demonstrate its ability to deliver business value
- Ensure brand and system level consistency across the products for consumers and businesses alike
- Draw insights from the work of our research team and turn that understanding into tangible solutions
- At least 10+ years of Product Design & UX experience for consumer brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases across customer journeys
- At least 3 years building and leading a highly effective design organisation at a tech company which has shown excellence in product design
- Strong experience working across all manifestations of what we design from responsive web to native applications
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- Excellent communication and data visualisation skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs
- Evidence of using research and data to steer design thinking
- A point-of-view on how to create happy, productive design organizations
- To be highly engaged and visible in the global design community
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
Expected salary range: Very competitive
Hungry for more?
Due to the Coronavirus, several start-ups froze their hiring plans. Ongoing recruitment processes are stopped, and some candidates are dismissed.
As our number one biggest recruitment mistake in 2019 (check out our article here), creating a wow candidate experience is