VP Engineering for a SaaS start-up
Sector: B2B Telecom
Organization: +100 people
Core business: Cloud-based phone system and call center software
Ambitions: Transforming the $25 billion business phone industry! Expand rapidly in the US/Europe after raising +€20M in May. The main differentiator is design: their solution is easier to use and more elegant than ever.
Key facts: +40M€ raised in total led by top investors, 5000+ clients (including Uber, SpotAHome, TravelBird), +1M calls processed per day
What they offer:
- Amazing startup atmosphere and team spirit
- Sunny offices in the center of Paris with ping-pong table, music studio, free food/drinks and regular team parties
- Immersion in the Parisian startup ecosystem and opportunity to work with some of the most promising startups
- Competitive salary with a gym membership and commuter compensations
- Yearly team offsites to exotic locations bringing together our Paris and NYC team
- Health Coverage, medical dental and vision insurance 100% covered
- Unlimited PTO, take the time you need to come to work feeling great
As the VP Engineering, you will have to take charge of the global development team, be responsible for the engineering execution, and recruit and retain the best talent with inspiring leadership.You will organize and scale a high-performing development team, in line with company roadmap.
Specific responsibilities are to:
- Identify critical tech needs and hire appropriately, anticipating on company growth
- Organize the work between design, back, front, mobile and dev ops teams to optimize delivery speed and quality.
- Supervise each development sprint and make sure roadmap deadlines are met
- Put in place coordination processes with the Product team and the Sales/Marketing team to ensure good communication and synchronisation of efforts
- Identify skills gap for each teammate and build a training plan
- Make sure each teammate has the highest motivation level and grows as a person
- Manage key infrastructure partners from a technical and business point of view (negotiations, SLAs, co-developments, etc)
- Supervise the technical support team and organize resources to deliver world-class service
- Our ideal candidate is an Engineering professional with a proven track record of scaling at insane speed – a sizeable technical development team
- Demonstrable experience of consistently achieving on roadmap execution, tech team management and hiring
- Track record of building best practice software engineering dashboards and processes
Nice to have:
- Experience in Product Management and/or roadmap definition
- An understanding of the French language.
- Results oriented; able to understand and assess major engineering challenges, then prioritise efforts to meet objectives
- Driven, energetic and ambitious and not afraid to get your hands dirty. You know the strategy but like to get into the detail.
- Personal stature, gravitas, exceptional presentation skills and composure; able to influence, persuade and articulately represent the company with all potential partners.
- Optimistic, positive outlook, highly likable, upbeat and energetic; enjoy building rapport and trust, can foster a sense of open communication.
- High EQ; can read people, excellent listening skills, patience, motivation to understand the needs and wants of others, preference for the win-win.
- A leader and people manager; lead from the front, able to challenge and motivate the team to achieve outstanding results.
- Start-up DNA; resilient, 80/20, carpe diem, gets things done, adaptable to change, huge capacity for hard work in a relentlessly fast paced environment, able to thrive in typical startup dynamics and arbitrages between sales, marketing and engineering.
- Be humble; accept criticism and know how to deliver it.
- Focus on listening; to customers, to each other, to ourselves. Feedback is a gift.
- Have a sense of humour; be serious in your intent to do great work but don’t be too serious about life.
- Believe in success as a team; get stuck in, be someone everyone can count on when times are tough.
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
Extremely Attractive – Dependent on profile and experience
Hungry for more?
As our number one biggest recruitment mistake in 2019 (check out our article here), creating a wow candidate experience is