VP of Engineering for a start-up specialized in hospitality solution
Sector: Software, Hospitality
Organization: 120 employees
Core business: Our client is a software company specialized in the hospitality sector. Their solution helps over 4000 merchants run their business in 25 countries
Ambitions: The company is currently closing its second fund raise. They are aiming for a European development (south and north of Europe) before conquering the Latin American countries
Key facts: Launched in 2014, our client grew from 3 to 120 employees in 3 years and has raised over 4M€ in funding.
You also must be the shield of this team against all factors that will impact the tech team. You should be hands on, solutions centric, performance-oriented and experienced in high-scalability architecture.
You should also be a hyperactive technology watcher to bring new ideas and concepts to the team. An experience to mentor and grown teams of bright engineers will be a large plus.
- As a VP of Engineering, your mission will be to :
- Manage a team of 30 experienced engineers at the end of 2018 including Tech Leads (hiring process design and interviews, annual salary reviews, career growth and retention plan…).
- Plan the roadmap and ensure the sync across the all feature team capabilities (Frontend, Backend, iOS, Data Scientist, Data Engineer)
- Bring new technology and concept to architect our applications based on:
- An iPad app split in many pods
- A microservices backend:
- A legacy code in php/Symfony
- Some Event-sourced (DynamoDB stream, SNS and SQS) and CQRS (Broadway Sf bundle) micro-services
- Some Serverless (AWS Lambda) micro services
- A Data Warehouse and its ETL (Pentaho)
- An AWS EMR cluster to run data models
- Identify and implement best practices for engineering (Agile methodology, Code review, …)
- Be the heart of the communication with other teams (especially CSM and Product teams)
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years’ experience in managing technical teams (CTO of a Series-A startupis a real plus)
- Solid knowledge of NodeJS, PHP and Symfony, iOS development (Swift), Microservice architecture
- Knowledge of data sciences is a plus
- An infinite passion for technology and a hunger to always get more,
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; always see the glass half full and share this to the team
BENEFITS & REMUNERATION
Dependent on experience
Hungry for more?
As our number one biggest recruitment mistake in 2019 (check out our article here), creating a wow candidate experience is